These Tuna Avocado Wraps are PERFECT for summer!
Think tuna salad but BETTER. This low carb, high protein, and delicious recipe is sure to be a regular on your menu during the summer months!
Serving Size: 1
- 1 can wild caught albacore tuna in water
- 40g mashed avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 dill pickle spear, diced
- Dash of sea salt/black pepper (optional)
- 3 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Divide among lettuce wraps.
Macros for serving: 3c/7f/27p
Albacore tuna is a great source of lean protein, omega 3s, and Selenium.
“Selenium combines with proteins to create substances that act as antioxidants and regulate thyroid hormones. Your immune system also depends on selenium to regulate the immune response.”
- 1 can of albacore tuna in water contains about 26g of protein, and only 1g of fat!
It’s also a “rich source of essential omega-3 fatty acids that lower your risk of heart disease. It contains the two types of omega-3 fatty acids — EPA and DHA — that lower triglycerides, slow the growth of atherosclerotic plaques and prevent arrhythmias.”
Avocado contain 20 different vitamins and minerals, are low carb, and packed with unsaturated fats.
- They contain MORE potassium than bananas (a nutrient most people aren’t getting enough of)
“The majority of the fat in avocado is oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fatty acid that is also the major component in olive oil and believed to be responsible for some of its beneficial effects. Oleic acid has been linked to reduced inflammation and been shown to have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.”
- They are loaded with fiber (100g contains 7g of fiber) and antioxidants.
To find out more about the incredible health benefits of avocado
CLICK HERE: http://healthnfitnesshops.com/health-benefits-of-avocado.html/
Contact us and let us help you determine the right plan for you, your lifestyle, goals and needs.
Fill out our Free Pre-assessment Questionnaire HERE.