Do you meal prep? If the answer is no, then here are some tips to help you get started. Remember, “Fail to plan, plan to fail.” If you have food made, you will not have to cook everyday, and you will be less likely to reach for take-out or junk food. In the end you will save so much time and money and you will have such an easier time tracking your macros.
1. Buy several sources of meat: chicken breast, lean ground turkey, lean ground beef, sirloin steak…etc
2. Cook enough meat at once to last for 3-4 days (grill, cook on stove, bake) Place them in a large tubberware container.
3. Buy a few sources of starch: brown rice, basmati white rice, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, quinoa, etc
4. Cook up a batch of rice, potatoes (my favorite is to cube them and roast them in oven), quinoa, etc. Place them in a large tubberware container.
5. Buy several sources of fruit and veggies: mixed greens, spinach, zucchini, cucumbers, carrots, raspberries, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, etc.
6. Make a large fruit salad or a large veggie salad and store in large separate tubberware containers.
7. When it comes time to put together a meal, you will have a few proteins to pick from to pair with a starch and a veggie or fruit.
Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Stay STRONG today!