Do you run out the door in the morning with no time to sit down and eat breakfast? Are your mornings so hectic that you forget to eat until your stomach starts grumbling? Well let me introduce to you the, “No Excuses” Breakfast!
First of all, Breakfast is SO important. It is your first meal of the day and I believe it psychologically sets you up for the rest of your day. As we’ve talked about before, a balanced meal consists of each macronutrient: protein, carbs, and fat. Protein is so important because it helps to stabilize your blood sugar, keep you full, and help with building lean muscle. Carbs and fat are basically sources of energy for your body. Carbohydrates help give you a boost of energy in the morning, protein helps stabilize your blood sugar so you don’t crash an hour later, and fat will keep you satiated and also (along with protein) slow down digestion so that you have a steady stream of energy to get you through the morning and keep those tummy rumblings away.
We’ve heard it all before… “I just don’t have time to make breakfast or sit down and eat.” Or “Mornings consist of getting my kids fed, dressed, and to school. I’m just so busy, I don’t even think about it.” Well we are going to SQUASH those excuses RIGHT NOW.
Remember how I always say Planning is KEY? Same with breakfast. A little planning the night before will take so much stress off your mornings and set you up for SUCCESS.
Here are a few “No Excuses” Breakfast Ideas for Busy Mornings:
- Make Ahead Smoothie: The night before, blend a handful of Kale, Spinach, Mango, Pineapple, 1/2 banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, ice and about a cup of water. Place in a a to-go cup and place in fridge. Grab in morning & out you go!
- 1 scoop of Cellucor Molten Chocolate Whey mixed with Almond Milk (get out that shaker cup!) + Ezekiel Toast with peanut butter
- Make Ahead Protein Pancakes (any variation you like, place in plastic bag in fridge, take with you when you go!-Can be reheated or eaten cold/room temp…both delicious!)
- Microwaved Liquid Egg whites (they are really GOOD, trust me) + Ezekiel toast with mashed avocado
- Make Ahead: Chobani nonfat Greek Yogurt + Low sugar granola (Love Bear Naked!) + 1/2 tbsp nut butter
Just like starting your day off with a workout, starting your day off with a balanced breakfast will boost your energy, enhance your mood, and improve your performance at work, school, etc. So NO MORE EXCUSES. Start implementing more planning into your morning routines, and be on your way towards a stronger, leaner, and healthier YOU.
Contact us TODAY for a Complimentary Consultation and be on your way toward a stronger, leaner, and healthier YOU!