This recipe, ya’ll.
One of my absolute FAVORITES!! This one is great when you are wanting something creamy and decadent without going overboard on calories or carbs for that matter. Spaghetti squash is a great pasta alternative and it’s so easy to make a big batch ahead of time and store in fridge for use for the next 3-4 days.
Find out how to cook a spaghetti squash here
Serves 1 (you can easily double the recipe)
- 300g of cooked Spaghetti Squash (more or less depending on your preference)
- 2 Tbsp (22g) Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese (found @ Kroger or Sprouts)
- Grilled chicken or lean ground beef/turkey (precooked-around 4oz or more or less depending on your needs)
- Fresh Spinach (about 2-3 handfuls)
- 2 slices cooked Trader Joes Classic Dry Rubbed Bacon (3g fat for 2 slices!)
- Heat a skillet (medium heat) and spray with coconut oil nonstick cooking spray
- Add spaghetti squash, grilled chicken, and spinach and sauté together (add salt/pepper: optional)
- Add cream cheese to skillet and mix everything together
- Transfer to a plate and then sprinkle with pieces of bacon on top. Enjoy!
Macros for full serving (using 300g spaghetti squash, 4oz grilled chicken & all other ingredients)