If you love PIZZA and you love LASANGA you are going to LOVE this.
I came across this low carb, paleo friendly recipe (minus the cheese) from Julie Bauer of PaleOMG about a year ago and have LOVED it ever since. Julie is a GENIUS!
I adapted the recipe as you will see below, but you can view her original recipe HERE.
Servings: 4-6 slices
- 600g spaghetti squash
- 1 lb 96/4 Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, 2 egg whites whisked
- Toppings: 1/3 cup part skim shredded mozzarella, 12 slices turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place face down on a baking sheet covered with foil & nonstick spray.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes or until the skin is slightly soft to the touch. Set aside to cool and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground beef in skillet, then add pizza sauce and spices.
- Shred the spaghetti squash with a fork and measure out about 600g.
- Add meat mixture to spaghetti squash and then transfer to an 8×8 baking dish coated with nonstick.
- Whisk together eggs and pour over dish.
- Mix together so the liquid is absorbed well.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. (Take out 1-2 minutes earlier to sprinkle with mozzarella and add pepperoni topping-optional)
- Let it cool before serving. Pair with a side salad or some roasted veggies & Voila!
Macros per 1 slice (6 slice total) serving: 192 calories, 6.5g fat, 11 carbs, 23g protein
Makes GREAT leftovers. Seriously tastes even better the following days. It with also freeze very well for easy “make ahead & heat up” dinners.
Contact us and let us help you determine the right plan for you, your lifestyle, goals and needs.
Fill out our Free Pre-assessment Questionnaire HERE.