Paleo Chicken Strips (GF & Grain Free)
Tired of plain boring grilled chicken? Then you HAVE to try this recipe!! Perfect low carb, high protein, and FULL of flavor! Your kids will love them too!
2 pounds chicken tenderloins
1 cup blanched almond flour (I use Bobs Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour)
1 tablespoon flax meal
1 teaspoon “South African Smoke” Seasoning (Mix of paprika flakes, sea salt, garlic, and basil) Found @ Trader Joes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
ground black pepper to taste
olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F) and coat 2 large baking sheets with olive oil nonstick spray.
- In a shallow wide bowl, mix together the almond flour, flax meal, and all the seasonings.
- In another small mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Blot the excess moisture off from the chicken tenders with paper towels and then dip them in the egg. Make sure the tenderloins are thoroughly coated in the egg mixture and then dredge them in the almond flour breading, pressing to adhere.
- Divide the breaded chicken tenders up between the 2 baking sheets and lightly spray with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 8-9 minutes. Flip the tenders over, lightly spray again with olive oil and bake for another 8-9 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve immediately, or at room temperature.
Serve with some yellow mustard for dipping!
Stay STRONG today!