It’s Sunday!! A day of rest but also a day of preparing for the week ahead.
Here are some “Easy Nutrition Strategies to SLIM DOWN” and have you headed in the right direction to reach your goals & get you summer-ready in no time!
- Cook at home
- Swap your starches out for veggies at at least ONE of your meals
- Volumize your meals (think foods that take up a lot of space but are not calorically dense like zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, rice cake thins, salad greens, etc.
- At restaurants, ask for your meal to be cooked without butter/oil
- Always carry a protein bar in your purse or car (so you don’t get hangry then over indulge later)
- Eat at least 20-25g protein at EVERY meal/snack
- Increase your water intake
- Eat according to your individual needs (AKA. Macronutrient needs/portions/etc.)
- Plan ahead when dining out (Look online for the menu & nutritional info)
- Cut out sugar (We’re talking sodas, cakes, cookies, fruit juices, sugary alcoholic drinks, etc.)
- Buy a food scale (This will help you learn portion control & you might be surprised how off you were at “measuring” portions)
- Keep a food diary
- Pack a lunch to take to work
- Quit having cheat meals (Just be strategic during the day and plan for that one meal you want that evening. Say it’s pizza, save yourself a good amount of carbs and fat and fill up on lean protein and veggies earlier that day. Be smart 😉 )