If you have hit a plateua or just feel like your not getting the full benefits of your current workout program, then this is for you!
- Lift heavy: If you can talk during your exercise, your weight is TOO LIGHT. You should be able to perform the exercise, maintaining good form, and the last 2-3 reps should be rather challenging. If you breezing through your workout, maybe it’s time to set down the baby weights, and CHALLENGE yourself.
- Start deadlifting: There are so many variations of the deadlift. Pick one and start there. Master the form before you go up in weight. Deadlifts are great for building overall strength and will help you in all other exercises you perform.
- Step out of your comfort zone: Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Don’t be afraid to try something new. It might be uncomfortable at first, but that is only going to grow you, strengthen you, and take you to the next level.
- Fuel your body: That means EAT! And drink WATER! Make sure you are eating enough calories (protein, carbs, AND fat) and that you are staying VERY hydrated. Not sure how many calories or what percentage of protein, carbs, and fat your body needs? CONTACT US. We would be happy to help you with this. And please know, there is not a magic number of calories that you should be eating. Don’t fall prey to a “cookie cutter” nutrition plan. Everyone is different from their age, height weight, metabolism, health history, etc. What one person needs, you may not and vice versa. Invest in finding out what YOU need and fuel your body.
- Sleep more: Don’t overlook this one! Unless your getting 7-8 hours a night, listen up! Your body needs, and I repeat, NEEDS SLEEP! You simply cannot function when you are not getting adequate sleep. You may feel fine, but deep inside your body is suffering. Sleep is when you recover. So without sleep, recovery decreases, which then leads to continually getting sick (then not recovering fully from that), weight gain, stress, anxiety, and the list goes on. Trust us on this one.
These are just 5 simple steps, so start here and make the change TODAY!