Let’s be real, during the week things can get crazy.
For many, it’s drive through’s & take-outs while leaving the office late or shuffling the kids to after school activities.
These 5 Meal Ideas are SO simple & require maybe as much time as it would take for you to go through a drive through or pick up take out. They are each single serving meals, but can easily be adapted for more than one person. Try them out this week!
Taco Salad with Plantain chips
- 2-3 handfuls mixed green
- 4 oz of lean ground beef (cooked)
- Diced cucumbers, bell peppers, baby tomatoes, etc.
- 2 tbsp of Trader Joes Reduced Guilt Guacamole
- 2 tbsp salsa
- ½-1 serving of Trader Joes plantain chips
- 1 large zucchini washed, peeled and spiralized
- Cook zucchini over medium heat skillet with some coconut oil spray until soft (make sure not to overcook! It shouldn’t be “mushy”)
- Slice 2 Trader Joes Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Chicken sausages and sauté on pan
- Add handful of spinach and zoodles and sauté together.
- Top with a fried egg.
Bunless chicken burger with Sweet potato hash
- Cook 1 Trader Joes Chile Lime Chicken Burger and place on a bed of romaine lettuce
- Top with a fried egg, 30g of avocado, and mustard (optional)
- Cook 1 small sweet potato in microwave until slightly soft (approximately 3-4 min)
- Slice up sweet potato into small squares and sauté on a medium heat pan with coconut oil spray. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy as a side with low sugar ketchup.
- Saute bell peppers/onions (can do this ahead of time in bulk and store in fridge)
- Grill chicken or flank steak and measure out about 4-5 oz (can do this ahead of time)
- 2 tbsp Better Bean Co. Chipotle Dip (found at whole foods/central market)
- 2 tbsp Trader Joes Reduced Guilt Guacamole
- 2 tbsp salsa
- ½-1 serving white corn tortilla chips
Chicken off the grill with Roasted Veggies
- Measure out a serving (4-5oz or more if you need!) grilled chicken
- 2 tbsp Trader Joes Reduced Guilt Guacamole (for dipping)
- To make brussel sprouts, preheat oven to 400. Cut brussel sprouts in halves and place on a baking sheet covered in foil and coated with coconut oil spray. Spray the brussel sprouts & sprinkle with pink Himalayan sea salt (so good!) and black pepper. Roast in oven for approximately 20min (or until slightly brown and crispy).
This should be SO easy if you have made your grilled chicken ahead of time in bulk and stored in fridge.